Day of Placement Test
Cathedral High School uses the High School Placement Test for placement purposes only and it is one of many factors considered during the admissions process.
Students and parents should review the talking points below in order to be prepared on the day of the test.
- Testing will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. Students should report to the enrollment office at Cathedral High School no later than 8:15 a.m. Testing will conclude at 11:45 a.m.
- Students can dress comfortably/casually, simply keeping in mind Christian modesty in their attire.
- Students should bring at least two #2 pencils.
- Calculators are not allowed.
- Cellphones must be turned off during the test.
- Bottled drinks and a light snack are permitted on the day of the test.
While students are taking the placement test on each Saturday, we offer a gathering for parents/guardians called "Coffee with Cathedral" that is designed to share valuable information about academics, counseling, and more. This gathering begins at 8:30 a.m. in the Student Commons, located in the lower level of the A.K. Shiel Student Life Center. Enrollment Management staff will direct parents to this location on the morning of the placement test.