The mission of Business/ Technology Department is to prepare all individuals to live and work as productive citizens in a changing global society by providing essential business experiences, education, and training. These experiences actively engage students using instructional strategies that rely on the use of technology and practices that reflect current and emerging business procedures.
Business/Technology courses cover a range of topics that can be organized into a program of study for career pathways. The curriculum is designed to accomplish the goals listed below.
- Educate individuals for and about business, marketing, entrepreneurship, and information technology.
- Provide opportunities for students to acquire business knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to function effectively in their careers.
- Prepare students to utilize technology effectively in personal and business applications.
- Provide a continuous program of planned learning experiences designed to help students effectively fulfill four roles:
- Successfully complete a college business/technology curriculum
- Make intelligent socioeconomic decisions as citizens
- Produce and distribute goods and services as workers
- Use the results of production as consumers
- Provide career information, which will help students relate their interests, needs, and abilities to occupational opportunities in business, marketing, and other related areas.
Today's men and women have unlimited career opportunities. The greater freedom of occupational choice for all individuals is having a marked effect on business/technology programs. Few areas have changed curriculum, courses, technology, directions, and equipment more than the Business/Technology area. In keeping pace with the challenges of a new frontier in business, great strides have been made in the development of a discipline that will meet and challenge the needs of our diverse population as we continue to impact change in the 21st Century.
|1 - 4 of 4|
|1 - 4 of 4|