E.M.B.R.A. C. E
To learn more about Embrace Club, contact moderators, Mrs. Sara Koehler, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location and Time of Meeting:
Key Events Dates & Times:
Cost / Fees:
CAFE Club - "Cultural Awareness for Everyone"
Café Club is open to all students at Cathedral High School with an interest in learning more about all aspects of diversity. Members will increase their knowledge, understanding, and learn more about the importance of a commitment to diversity.
Mission – to create opportunities to learn about the diverse cultures represented at Cathedral and to promote diversity, equity, justice, multiculturalism, sensitivity and inclusion both on and off campus.
Goal – to promote cultural awareness and diversity through activities, panel discussions, workshops, special programs, field trips and multicultural celebrations. We also want to create safe spaces where “Courageous Conversations” can take place for all.
Some initiatives include:
- View movies that have a diversity theme and invite students to a discuss
- Diversity Guest Presenters
- Panel Discussion on “Interracial Dating & Marriage”
- Create and Implement “Diversity & Multicultural Week”
- Visit Museums with different cultural themes
- Field Trip – National Freedom Center
- Open Mic Night
- Presentations on different cultures – beliefs, traditions, music, celebrations, religions, rituals, etc.
If you would like to know more about Café Club or would like to join, please attend a meeting. Meetings are held Bi-Monthly at 3:15 p.m. in room 4239. Contact Moderators, Mr. Ken Barlow at email@example.com or Mrs. Sara Koehler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions.